Thursday, October 25, 2007

Raimi's Ridgeback Fix

I hear there's a period of withdrawl when you are addicted to something. Raimi's addiction was his mom's convenience for play. So now he's been without her for more than a week and he's suffering from lack of Ridgeback play. Either he's moping, which means he's sullen and quiet, or he hyper-active and irritating.

So today we met his sister Kenya for a run at the park. He was so beside himself he couldn't start getting beaten up fast enough. They ran and ran and ran and ran ... well, it was fun anyway. Now he slumbers a peaceful Ridgeback sleep.

I've started soaking dog food and putting it in his kong and a cow hoof etc and then freezing it so he has something to keep his little mind occupied while I'm at work earning to pay his keep. He's a lucky boy. He's been whining a bit in the morning and while the neighbours are very patient I don't want The Boy to make a bunch of noise all the time. It's just while Momma's away but it's still something I don't want to become a habit.

We're dressing up this weekend to go to a Halloween party. Petal is dressing up as a lion, I'm going as the Big Game Hunter and Raimi is ... well ... a Ridgeback. There will be a bunch of kids dressed up and I bet Raimi is terrified.

No comments: