Monday, October 29, 2007

The Halloween Party

I think next time I get invited to a H'ween aParty I'll make sure there are fewer children. Ok, it wasn't awful - it was veeeeery exhausting tho. Especially for the dogs. There was lots of candy tho so it was totally worth it.

We had spent some time earlier in the day, the dogs and I, looking for some sacrificial lions to take to the party as Petal's costume. The idea was to dis-embowel a lion and drape it over Petal - thus making her a lion. I found a rather large lion that I supposed could be the stand in if I didn't find a smaller one. At right he is being used as a pillow by Raimi on the way to the party.







I did find a smaller one but he was so nice I thought he should not get drawn and quartered and just got tied to Petal. At left we see he is attached to Petal. She was awesome - so many people commented on how patient she was, that's my girl. He had a nasty habit of flopping over to one side as she walked but she soldiered on and seemed to enjoy the attention the lion garnered her.


Raimi was a Very Good Boy and he didn't freak out over the balloons too much - it was a very scary heart shaped balloon that really set him off, it sort of floated near the floor and chased him a bit - maybe a little help from me. He got to wear the lion briefly as the spoils of war but he did not look impressed. I'm glad I changed my mind about who the lion was going to be for Halloween. He didn't really wear it well and it seemed to suppress his natural cheer. I took it off him after we all had a good laugh. His moment of glory came when a 2 year old arrived dressed as a cow and kept saying "moo ... moo". Boy was brave and backed carefully away from the moo-ing cow and snuck out of the room. All moms and dads were impressed at Raimi's stoic nature and I was mildly thankful that Halo was not in attendance, she would have been in her glory ... and completely in the way. Raimi was so utterly exhausted by the end of the party he could hardly keep his peepers open but he didn't want to miss anything. He got lots of chips and cupcakes but don't tell Halo.

I of course was the Big Game Hunter and had my trusty Ridgeback with my lion kills. You can see how tired The Boy is. There's Petal as the lion too. The one on the far right is the stand in who was much too large for Petal but I decided to include him anyway. What will we be next year? Maybe I'll switch it up and be the lion and Riami could be the hunter. That would be a total gas.

No comments: